Audi A5/S5 Cabriolet [Photos]
3 Δεκέμβριος, 2008
Η Audi έδωσε στην δημοσιότητα φωτογραφίες του καινούριου A5 Cabriolet (και του αντίστοιχου S5) αρκετά πριν την επίσημη παρουσίασή τους στην έκθεση της Γενεύης τον Μάρτιο.
Δείτε το δελτίο τύπου:New 2010 Audi A5 and S5 Cabriolet – Quick Reference: USA Data
Key Points Summary
• The A5 product line is now expanded to include Cabriolet models with three powerful and fuel-efficient powertrains (2.0 TFSI 4 cylinder, 3.2 FSI V6, 3.0 TFSI V6 with supercharged technology).
• A5 Cabriolet features ground-breaking soft top technology for elegant styling, superior room and storage space, and superb driving dynamics.
• Unique 50/50 split rear folding seats allows maximum storage flexibility • Audi Drive Select (adjustable engine/throttle mapping, suspension damping, and dynamic steering) is a benchmark in the segment and industry.
• New optional quattroSport rear differential enhances agility.
• USA market launch for A5/S5 Cabriolet is Fall 2009, as 2010 model year.
• A5/S5 Cabriolet replaces the A4/S4 Cabriolet.
• A5/S5 Cabriolet interior and exterior distinctive features include:
– New rear LED lighting
– Sport seats with unique interior color offerings
– Cloth convertible top features Audi Acoustic Roof technology for a quite interior.
• Typical Audi interior design is modern and sophisticated, with clear attention to
detail, including 1 liter bottle holders in each door.
• S5 Aluminum-optic exterior accents include front and rear diffuser blades, mirror
housings, and four exhaust pipes.
• Modular Longitudinal Chassis architecture is the foundation for a benchmark sport sedan.
– Extensive use of new ultra-high-strength steels increase rigidity of the
body while also reducing weight.
– Repositioned clutch / torque-converter allows more forward position of
– Better agility and turn in
– Better axle load distribution
– Shorter front overhang
– Longer wheelbase = more comfortable ride
– Repositioned steering rack, lower and closer to the wheel carriers lowers center of gravity and provides more direct steering control/feedback.
– Sporty proportions and muscular stance enhanced due to longer, wider, and lower dimensions.
– Reduced front overhang adds to visual sportiness.
Powertrain and Performance
• The following power train configurations are offered in USA:
• A5 Cabriolet 2.0 TFSI specifications
– FSI direct injection with turbocharging
– Audi Valvelift System
– 211 hp – 258 lb-ft torque
– quattro® all-wheel drive (standard with 40/60 rear biased torque split) or FrontTrak front-wheel drive
– Tiptronic 6 speed automatic transmission for quattro model or Multitronic continuously variable transmission for the FrontTrak model
– Top speed 130 mph
• A5 Cabriolet 3.2 FSI V6 specifications:
– FSI direct injection
– Audi Valvelift System
– 265 hp – 243 lb-ft torque
– quattro all-wheel drive with 40/60 rear torque bias
– Tiptronic 6 speed automatic transmission
– Top speed 130 mph
• S5 Cabriolet 3.0 TFSI supercharged V6 specifications:
– S5 Coupe manual and 6-speed Tiptronic 354 hp / 325 lb-ft V8 continue for another year through the end of model year 2010; 2011 S5 Coupe will have 3.0 TFSI supercharger with 333 hp / 325 lb-ft, and manual and 7-speed S tronic transmissions.
– FSI direct injection with intercooled supercharger
– 333hp – 325 lb-ft
– quattro® all-wheel drive with 40/60 rear torque bias
– S tronic 7 speed double-clutch automatic transmission
– Top speed 155 mph
• Latest generation of quattro® all-wheel drive is employed, with asymmetric rear-biased torque split (40% front / 60% rear under nominal conditions).
• S5 Cabriolet only: New available quattroSport rear differential dynamically varies
torque between the rear wheels.
• Fuel economy is significantly improved over A4 Cabriolet .
• Rear 50/50 split folding seats in A5/S5 Cabriolet (not available with competitors)
• Cloth convertible top for elegant styling, superior interior and storage space, and low weight penalty (for better driving dynamics)
• New head-level heating system with heated/cooled front seats
• MMI operating logic standard with central display screen
• Audi Drive Select – varies the engine, transmission, steering, and suspension damping characteristics to suit the driver’s preferences
• Audi Intelligent Key – stores service information in the key
• Advanced Key keyless entry and starting
• Bluetooth hands-free telephone interface
• Bi-xenon headlamps with LED daytime running lights
• Audi Parking System rear with rearview camera
• Electromechanical parking brake
• Hard-drive-based Navigation system with Audi third-generation MMI.
• Audi Side Assist lane change assistant
• Bang & Olufsen 505W sound system
Launch Timing and Pricing
• World auto show debut is Geneva auto show in March, 2009
• USA A5/S5 Cabriolet with all mentioned engine/transmission combinations goes on sale in Fall 2009 (as a 2010 model year vehicles).
• U.S. pricing to be announced later.